1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I think tinnitus is God's way of yelling at me

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Apr 30, 2010.

1. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Serious, will there ever be a cure for tinnitus?

Not only to both ears ring so loud that I can barely think, but they ring at different tones.

It's enough to drive me insane.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I've got a mild case in my left ear (thanks to my brother-in-law shooting at some ducks when I had my earplug out). I don't notice it except when it's really quiet, like when I'm out in the woods or trying to sleep in a hotel room without a fan.

There are alleged cures available at the health food stores. But I doubt their effectiveness, so I've never dropped the $30 for a month's supply of tablets to try them.

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I've got it bad, too. More high-pitched recently than it ever has been. Damned if I know what the problem is.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

What did you guys say?

I've got some kind of deal where I can hear ANYTHING if the rest of the world is quiet around me. If there's ANY background noise at all, I can't hear diddleshit.

5. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Same here. My hearing is practically nil in a crowded environment. That's a major reason why I use a tape recorder. With basketball doubleheaders usually the case in Kansas, I often have to talk to the girls' coach while the band is playing and announcements are being made between games or at halftime of the boys game and I can't hear him at all. The mic in my recorder, though, screens out all the background noise.

Draft saved Draft deleted