1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I think I've found the ultimate nerd..

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Aug 4, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

24 year old Ottawa guy has edited almost 80,000 Wikepdia articles and contributed between 2,000 and 3,000 new articles.......

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20060804.wxwiki04/BNStory/Technology/home

Some lovely stuff here:

In Grade 8, he, attired as Stalin, and other friends re-enacted the Yalta conference on the balcony of a friend's house. In university, he became the Trivial Pursuit champion at his college, and even won when the whole residence took him on.

Upon graduation (from university), the Ottawa resident took a year off to devote eight to 10 hours a day adding new entries to the site.

"It's an addiction," said Mr. Pulsifer, who describes himself as anything but self-indulgent in other aspects of his life. He lives at home and doesn't have a girlfriend.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That last sentence qualifies as the most shocking one of the day so far, folks.

I could understand if this guy lived in some place like Brampton or Owen Sound, but, man, Ottawa's a great city to party in. Plenty of great bars and thew wonders of Quebec just minutes away.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The dressing up as Stalin was the thing that broke me up.

Can you imagine recruiting his friends?

"Hey, Johnny, wanna play Winston Churchill? We're gonna divide up Europe"

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

My guess: The room is in the basement

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

What? They just imported mirrors to the great white north? :D

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

8. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

JR........Dyepacks not gonna be happy that you outed him.

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

From the thread title, I'd guessed this was going to be about either me or Bubbler.

10. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Ya think?

12. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Holy cow. It is SauronPony!

Draft saved Draft deleted