1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I suppose I should apologize to the board...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by lapdog, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lapdog

lapdog Member

... but I really don't think I will.

This one most likely will, and certainly should, get locked just like the other one.

Any comments or complaints, feel free to PM.

I may not answer, and if I do, you probably won't like it, but feel free in any case.

In closing:

If you don't work, or haven't worked at one of his papers -- you just have no idea.

You. Just. Have. No. Idea. :eek:

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Fnord. Queef. Poot.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

There are other posters who have worked for the company, and manage to not act like a douche on JRC job threads by giving overly detailed description of blow jobs nor do they gloat over someone's diagnosis of cancer. Perhaps you should take your cue from them. They have no problems telling people how terrible the company is, but they do so in a manner that doesn't result in threads being locked.

It's one thing to bash a company. Quite another to act in the way you are.

4. I didn't need an apology. I don't think the board did, either. But this little thread just confirms you're an asshole.

This board isn't affiliated with JRC in anyway and doesn't deserve your shit.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm taking Moddy's stoob advice and applying it to lapdog. Click on the button, but don't talk about the button.

6. audreyld

audreyld Guest

It may not be the same as working for a large company, but the first paper I worked at was owned by a complete lush and her spineless husband.

They fired me four days after my mother's funeral, because I'd been gone for a week while she was in ICU and before the funeral.

Horrible, ugly, racist people who couldn't have cared less about what was happening to a 23-year-old kid.

Not even people like that deserve the level of vitriol you're aiming at Bob Jelenic, and your anger only hurts you.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

UTshooter, I not only would have wished death on those people, I would have hand-delivered it to them. A dish best served cold and all that.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Fixed, assbutt.

9. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Believe me when I say there was a time when I was very angry with them, but I've come to realize in the nearly three years since then that they're really just pitiful. They reacted the way they did because their lives are empty, because they love no one enough they they would be shattered if they were gone.

They're not worth anger. They only merit great sadness for how pathetic their lives are.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Herpes and fail, the building blocks of life.

BTW, the introduction of "fail" as a noun has been one of the best sj developments lately.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Sickening stuff, that this much hatred is out there. Really sad.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Nouning verbs is the new verbing nouns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.