1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I still think Tommy Morrison has HIV

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ADifferentOkie, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

sellin' "blow?"

2. Sellin' it, smokin' it, hidin' it you know where when the 5-0 come rollin by ...

3. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

Tommy won his "MMA" debut last night.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=7845

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

did he bleed on his opponent until he tapped out?

5. It could be like the basement scene from Fight Club.
    "YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE I'VE BEEN, LOU! YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE I'VE BEEN!"

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I still think Lou Gehrig had Lou Gehrig's Disease.

7. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

Who knows if this will happen or not, but BoxRec currently has Tommy Morrison listed as facing a TBA opponent on 29 October, 2010 in Auburn, Washington. Morrison is now forty-one years old. If it takes place it will be his first boxing bout since he beat Matt Weishaar by third round TKO in a bout which took place on February 9, 2008 in Guanajuato, Mexico.

As far as I'm aware, last decade Morrison fought three times. He beat John Castle by second round TKO in a boxing bout that took place in February 2007 in West Virginia. Then there was his modified rules début (see the article posted a few posts up for more detail). That took place on an Indian Reservation in Arizona in June 2007. Morrison beat his opponent, John Stover, in the first round. There was then the 2008 boxing bout against Matt Weishaar in Mexico.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=1465&cat=boxer

EDIT: Actually turns out Morrison fought at least four times last decade. The fight isn't listed on BoxRec at the moment but in January, 2009 Morrison stopped Corey Williams in a round at a small boxing show in Laramie, Wyoming (http://www.secondsout.com/usa-boxing-news?ccs=229&cs=57036).

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

This thread is a "who's who" of nukers.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Boy, this place used to be so great after 1:00 AM. The hilarity that would ensue!

10. Tommy's my favorite infected fighter.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Guess he wasn't kidding when he told Tommy, "Lose and you're finished!" before that big street fight in Philly.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Johnny Castle wants a rematch.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted