1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I still hate Kobe, but damn he's got skillz

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riddick, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I'm sure this is helping his case though. These are scores of the past 4 games:
    116-111 (65 points)
    109-102 (50 points)
    121-119 (60 points)
    111-105 (50 points)

You would think that with those type of numbers, you would blow the opposing team out of the gym. But as you can see, the Lakers still just get by. That's some MVP stuff right there.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's making all the players on the team better ... at watching him score.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Really, I get a major chuckle out of seeing Kobe score 50-plus, and then he gets dogged for having only one assist. That is the epitome of not being able to see the forest for the trees.

Believe me ... I've seen enough of the Lakers to know that they AREN'T better off when Kobe scores less than 50.

4. Chuck~Taylor

In 67 games, Ben Wallace has scored 445 points.
    In 4, Kobe has scored 225.

P.S. And yes, I'm a Pistons fan :D.

5. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

Why is it his responsibility to make his teammates better? Shouldn't they work hard to improve their games? He can pass them the ball (he averages around 5 assists) but they still have to hit the shots. Anyone who's seen more than 1 or 2 Laker games per season can attest to the fact that most of the Lakers either throw up bricks or fumble the ball away. Why didn't Jordan make his teammates better his first 8 seasons? Cuz most of them sucked balls. Then, Pippen matured and after some astute drafting/trades/signings, he was able to make his teammates better because, when given the opportunity, they were guys who could produce.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Doesn't sound like to hated to say that. I can't stand Kobe, but this is an amazing run he's had here.

7. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I think it absolutely is Kobe's responsibility, as a guard and team leader, to make his teammates better. However, it's not his responsibility to make his teammates more talented, and I think that's what some people are actually asking for here.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey RokSki, where the fuck are you now?

9. Chuck~Taylor

This is kinda crazy, but I think in the end, everyone on this site is going to be rooting for Kobe. Why? The more he has 50+ games, the more Rok stops coming on here. :D ;D

No but really, Rok is probably one of the nicest guys on here. Some of his posts are confusing as hell, but at least he's nice.

10. I'm shocked, SHOCKED that you're posting on this thread Chuck~Taylor. I never would have expected and or guessed it....

11. Chuck~Taylor

Oh don't mind me, I'm just getting ready for tonight.
    [​IMG]

12. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I won't root for Kobe to keep Rok from coming around. I probably won't root for Kobe period. But I will say this for Mr. Ski, unlike many others who have used this place as their personal blog/soapbox/journal/scratch pad, he at least gets it when he's been shown to be wrong somehow, and doesn't keep banging his head against the wall like certain others (coughYawnCough)

Draft saved Draft deleted