1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I should have gone to UCK-LA

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Dec 17, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I met my first girlfriend's father before she and I went on our second date. At the time, he was a 6-foot-3, 300-pound police sergeant. I brought the girl, 15, home from Friendly's, kissed her and said goodbye, and I'm as happy as can be.

The next day, she walks into school and said, "Man, my dad was pissed when I got home." I said, "Really, why? I dropped you off 10 minutes early." Apparently, a button on her shirt was undone. She cooled the guy off, insisting that we "didn't do anything." However, that didn't stop me from nearly pissing myself the next time I paid the man a visit.

2. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Eerie. My brother, named Mike, dated a 15-year-old chick with a police sergeant father with similar dimensions. Please tell me her name wasn't Nikki ...

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

That first photo in the gallery in SD is tremendous.

Love the split

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Oh, my.

5. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

I remember the very first undie run they ever had at UCLA. It was winter quarter of my junior year. A group of people had gone and passed out flyers in the dorms and posted them in the apartment areas of Westwood. There was only about 50-60 people who ran that very first time, but after the second one the next semester (where about 200-300 people did it) it absolutely exploded. Its estimated that between 6,000 and 7,000 people do it know, and last year it got so big (and the participants were causing so much damage to parked cars) that it was moved on campus.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I know Nikki Cox. But no one else by that name.

Mmmm ... Nikki Cox.

7. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Ah, and an odd moment becomes a delightful one. I raise my glass to you, Mike.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

fifth photo down. chick on the far left. she looks very excited to be a part of the run.

edit: for bbam's link: http://laist.com/2007/12/13/ucla_undie_run.php

9. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

And this was a couple of miles west of UCLA a day or two later:

Draft saved Draft deleted