1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I shaved my head today for the first time

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Jul 4, 2009.

1. RossLT

RossLT Guest

My dad bought me the Headblade for Christmas two years ago. I used it one time to shave my head and I cut myself twice. Threw it away the next day and went back to my Fusion.

2. canucklehead

canucklehead Active Member

I had my head shaved two years ago at a party we had the night before a breast cancer fundraising run. My wife was going through breast cancer at the time and I promised to do it if my pledges reached a certain amount. Her rather large family all gathered from across the country to walk with her, so we had a big night in her honour. I added a shave to the itinerary.
    I actually let all the kids at the party take turns with the razor, under the watchful eye of one of my neighbours. Everyone loved it except for my four year old, who tried to get them to stop.
    I must say it felt good being bald. Unfortunately it was the fall and it was a bit chilly. I would do it again but I've always thought I look horrible with short hair.
    When my hairline starts to recede, I'm going bald for sure. Bald is better than balding.

3. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

Though much love has been shown here for the Fusion, and I'm not disputing that having never used it, i find the old-school one-blade yellow Bic is good for shaving the head because it doesn't get clogged up. Saves time and honestly I never had any problems with it nicking me or anything.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

You posted on this thread, didn't you?

5. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

Add me to the head shavers on the list and those who strongly advocate sun screen at all times.

I originally did it as a solidarity thing with a friend with cancer and I've kept it for most of the last nine years. Mine all grows back, but has never really looked good. I'm better looking bald, which is of course all relative.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Get some tats, turn your baseball cap around backwards and you'll look like every swinging dick 30 years or younger where I live.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Or he can look like this guy:

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted