1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I shaved my head today for the first time

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Nope. Might shave my balls tomorrow if the Nats can get the win.

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Chef laughs.

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

White guys think they look like Stone Cold Steve Austin, black guys think they look like Jordan.

Most of them are fooling themselves.

4. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Or they could be 19 and fed up with losing their hair and not want to look like they are 20 years older than they actually are.

But that is just my perspective.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Coffee.

Keyboard.

well played, your highness.

6. standman

standman Member

I've been doing this for over 10 years now and I have it down to a pretty good routine now. I shave every other day and use a Fusion razor with a light application of Neutrogena shave cream. I also use a pre-shave oil before I start to help the razor glide. No nicks or cuts. Most people can't imagine me with hair now and I always remind them that it's voluntary. I can grow it back if I want.
    FYI it's a little more maintenance than most people think and this time of year, make sure you wear sunscreen.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I shave every third day, also with a Fusion. Been doing it 11 years now. I was about completely bald on top and said what the hell? I used to nick myself a lot. Not so much anymore. I don't do it to look like Stone Cold or Jordan (in the summer when I tan well). I do it because it looks better than the shitty, thinning hair that was growing. And my wife likes it.

Sorry if the thread police don't like this one. We've had a lot worse. A lot worse.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I started earlier this year. I'll do it every six or eight weeks and let it grow back into a fine buzz.

It's cheap and convenient.

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I've done it twice.

The way I did it was to grab a pair of scissors and cut my hair until it's short enough, then grab the disposable razor and shave the rest.

First time I did it, two of my roommates both reacted by saying, "Holy shit!" The other one said, "Woah! You're bald!"

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

My head's too lumpy and odd-shaped to even consider it.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I did the same thing the first time, and it took me about five hours. I had no idea what I was doing.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Based on Baltimore, it works well for you. Kudos.

For those who do it, credit to you. I can't relate but I understand. Let's just say that I could probably break a dozen hacksaw blades if I tried to do the same. And that's on my chin, much less my scalp ...

Draft saved Draft deleted