1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I shaved my goatee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Del_B_Vista, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

... and my chin is cold. My wife asked me how long I'd had it, and I can't honestly tell you. Had to be at least 10 years. Moustache also left the building.

And I'll go ahead and post the first reply here: FNORD!

And the second: My cat's breath smells like cat food!

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

You had the goat when I first met you, Del, and that's been at least 10 years ...

3. Del_B_Vista

I had one briefly on a couple of patrols in the Navy, but I couldn't have had one fulltime until 1995, so that brackets it pretty well. Shoulda checked the shavings for growth rings.

Or Doritos flecks for carbon dating.

4. The hardest part to get used to, Del, is drinking out of a bottle. Your lips will actually get pulled in. At least mine do, when I shave my goattee occassionally. I think that's why I always grow it back.

5. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

So, now it doesn't look like you're eating a muskrat's ass? ;D

6. Del_B_Vista

So I could wind up being pulled into the bottom of the bottle of my last Nutfield Brewing Company's Old Man Ale? How freakin' cool would that be. I'd be some sort of alcoholic genie, only without the sexy belly button.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You people and your abilities to grow facial hair. ...

Bastards.

8. Del_B_Vista

And for my next act, I think I may go ...

GET A F*<&ING HAIRCUT!

9. danhawks

danhawks Member

I accidentally shaved mine...I was just going for a trim and cronk! shaved off too much right in the middle of the chin, so I had to shave down all around...it will take me two weeks to get back to where I was last night :-(

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Kramer: What's the matter with you?
    Jerry: (uncomfortably) Nothing.
    Kramer: No, no, no. Don't give me that. I know you. Something's wrong. What is it?
    Jerry: I did something stupid.
    Kramer: What did you do?
    Jerry: Well I was shaving. And I noticed an asymmetry in my chest hair and I was trying to even it out. Next thing I knew: (high pitched voice) Gone.
    Kramer: Don't you know you're not supposed to poke around down there.
    Jerry: Well women do it.
    Kramer: (high pitched voice) "Well, women do it." I'll tell you what. I'll pick you up a sundress and a parasol and you can just (high pitched voice) sashay your pretty little self around the town square.
    Jerry: Well what am I going to tell Alex?
    Kramer: Listen to me. You don't tell anybody about this. No one. You hear me?
    Jerry: Um hum.
    [George enters]
    Kramer: Hey, Jerry shaved his chest.
    Jerry: Hey!
    Kramer: I forgot. Wait. Never mind.

11. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I had one pretty much through college and decided near the end to shave it off. I went clean-shaven for a while until these days, where I have some sideburn action going on. I may get rid of them to go clean-shaven again, but we'll see. All I know is that my girlfriend at the time was happy I shaved my goatee.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Can't tell you how many times I've done just that ... 'cept mine takes more like a month to grow all the way back ...

Draft saved Draft deleted