1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Saw It With My Own Eyes

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pete Incaviglia, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Waited for it to come out at the dollar theater, eh cheapskate? :)

2. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

I screwed up on this once. I was covering a college basketball game at my alma mater for about the second time in the decade since I had graduated. It was pouring rain, so I grabbed an old rain jacket as I was heading out.

Until a colleague gave me some good-natured crap about it, it never even occurred to me that the jacket had the school's name (in small tasteful lettering) on the breast. Not a mistake I've ever made again.

The only other time I've worn team gear to a game was intentional, invisible and important to me. My dad was a fanatical Packers fan for 60 years. The day after he died, I covered an NFL game between two of Green Bay's biggest rivals, and I wore his "Green Bay Packers Shareholder" t-shirt under a sweater. No one saw it or knew I had it on.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

It wasn't in the dollar theater in my neck of the woods. And this was in a mid-sized city.

4. The Granny

The Granny Guest

I would like to go on the record and say, I don't think I've ever laughed as hard as I did while reading Tom Petty's replies.

Thanks again Tom for the awesomeness.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

granny - i'd touch myself if i didn't know i could touch you.

Draft saved Draft deleted