1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I reached the finish line

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ChrisLong, Jul 1, 2014.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Amen. Almost feels like we should be buying the beers ... almost.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'm glad I read this thread.

Good luck in your retirement, Chris.

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Wow. Is this the response you hope for if/when you ever write something like this?

It's when people are sharing openly and honestly -- and for real -- that this place is usually at its best.

But that unnecessary, intentionally dickhead post, in this kind of thread, is the kind that could change somebody's entire view of you. I'd have thought it so far beneath you, I almost can't believe it.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

That's awesome. Wish all of us could be so fortunate to have that career, or even to hang on at one spot for as long as you did. And you hung around long enough to see both the Ducks and the Kings win the Stanley Cup. That's awesome.

Best wishes in your retirement.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Three-quarters of the members here have left the industry. Most didn't think it was worth a thread, much less an autobiography.

6. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Wouldn't want to take up space for more important subjects.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Then why did you read it?

8. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I was thrilled to see it, thrilled to read it and I'm ecstatic to see someone go out on their own terms and hear about the highlights.

9. RecoveringJournalist

Because he's a fucking asshole. It takes a special kind of asshole to shit all over someone after they share their career highlights shortly after ending their career.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

And three-quarters of the members here have left SportsJournalists.com over the past several months, precisely because of too many dickhead look-at-me posts like yours.

11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Vers -- From '75 to '95 I traveled the country extensively and made friends with lots of sports writers. One of the drawbacks of working desk exclusively is not rekindling those friendships from time to time.
    One of the reasons I chose to post here is the chance that many longtime and long-lost friends might see it and become aware of what is going on with me and my career.
    If that is a waste of time, so be it. Sorry I wasted your time ... twice.

12. RecoveringJournalist

Chris,

The rest of us are applauding you.

Ignore the asshole.

Draft saved Draft deleted