1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need your help again!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by kuballer2369, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I usually try to find the computer where they're typing in all the results and sweet talk them into printing me out an extra set. Though, again, it depends on how many kids you're keeping an eye on. It's not hard to jot down the necessary info for three or four or five kids. It definitely is for the whole bracket, though.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Very true, Pilot.

When I covered wrestling, they had results packets available for coaches. I was always able to get an extra one for myself. Even at the regular season tournaments.

Your post made me think of another point. If he is only covering a few kids, showing up at the finals might not be a good option.
    If his kids all lost in early rounds, they'd probably be out of there by the time he showed up.

So I guess that just speaks to doing your homework and knowing your wrestlers.

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Is there any worse feeling in the world that cruising into an empty high school parking lot when you think there's supposed to be an event? "Ohfuckohfuckohfuckohfuck"

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Talk to your editor. He/she can be a good resource.

5. kuballer2369

kuballer2369 New Member

Thanks again for the all the advice guys. It went pretty good. It was really face paced because there was two matches constantly going on, but I soon got the hang of it.

The team that won the tournament whooped assssss. They scored 240 team points and the second place had like 150. It was their first regional championship in 31 years. That wasn't my lede though. Some kid at 152 was third on his team depth chart but two injuries to the top two guys meant he had to wrestle, and he ended up getting third place.

He went from being the 3rd best 152 on his team to the 3rd best 152 in the region, in just 5 days.

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Did anyone do a DDT?

Draft saved Draft deleted