1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need this computer part -- anyone got it?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jan 2, 2007.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Anyone out there in SportsJournalists.com land dabble in used computer parts, or know someone who does?

My power switch broke on my emachines t1840. I found out that of course I can't just get the power switch replaced. I have to get a new front bezel. It looks like this:

[​IMG]

I could buy it from the manufacturer for $49.99 plus $15 shipping but if I do that I might as well buy a whole new case and if I do that I might as well look into buying a whole new computer -- hell, I'd practically be a quarter of the way there.

Anyway, some guy was selling the one I took the pic from on ebay for $10 plus $10 shipping. Unfortunately his auction's over.

Anyone know of a cheap way for me to get one of these??

2. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

No, but I can offer a used flex capicitor off a 1985 Delorean for six easy payments of $24.99.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Buying a new case is not 25% on your way to a new computer unless you are looking at the expense portion of the case in comparison to a $200 computer.

Here are your four options:

1) Email the ebay seller and see if he has others or if he would re-open bidding on the item if it wasn't already sold.

2) Purchase a new case.

3) Purchase a new computer.

4) Create your own switch from parts at RadioShack.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Duct tape...

5. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

Does it include the time circuits and a case of plutonium, or are those separate?

Draft saved Draft deleted