1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need some advice

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by PalmettoStatesport, Aug 21, 2007.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Yes, I'd like to know what gave you the impression that this was the best individual for the job. Also, did this fella express any dislike for the job or just an inability to work?

2. Spartakate

Spartakate New Member

Seeing threads like this makes me really upset that I've been looking for work for eight months (two unemployed). What a waste of space!

3. he had previously done good work at his last stop and came with some good recommendations from his last stop. who the hell knows what happened when he got here, but he's gone and I couldn't be happier.

4. HeinekenMan

Palmetto, that sucks. Now, if you're close to Charlotte, I just need to know where to send my resume.

5. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Glad it worked out.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Glad you lost the dead weight.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

So if he came highly recommended, why did you have to fight like heck to get him on staff in the first place?

I bet he probably sensed some of that hostility others had toward him, and he wanted to get out of there in a hurry.

Does that excuse his behavior? Hell no. But you may have done him a disservice by forcing him in there when it appeared others may not have wanted him there in the first place.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Any chance there was something deep going on in his life, like severe depression or something? Not excusing him for slack-assing if that's what it was, but it sounds like an awfully quick shift in personality and work ethic.

9. HeinekenMan

Was his previous employer the Vandalay News?

Draft saved Draft deleted