1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need some advice

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by PalmettoStatesport, Aug 21, 2007.

1. UPDATE: The guy comes in yesterday afternoon and says, "I think we have a problem, this is not for me." Are you friggin kidding me? It took us three months to hire a person and now he pulls this shit? Needless to say management agreed with him

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You're better off. And he'll probably find a job where he doesn't have to actually do anything for twice the pay.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Sorry to hear that everyone's time -- his, more importantly yours and your bosses' -- was wasted on this enterprise.

4. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I second that one. You guys are better off without him.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Seriously, though, a lousy employee leaving is a reason to cheer, not mope. You'll be much better off.

6. cheer? hell yeah. it's like a breath of fresh air around the place now

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Attaboy!

8. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Like someone else earlier on the thread, I'm curious: What was he not doing?

Was he a beat reporter who wasn't scaring up stories?

It just sounds odd. Wouldn't an editor assign him a story and a deadline if he was slacking off?

9. he never met deadline, did a few stories that were four sentences (a paragraph, i guess), and spent most of the day cruising around espn's site

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

And it took this long AND a thread here to get someone to say something to him?

11. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Good Lord.

Not to be smart-assed (really), but what made you think he was cut out for the job? He had done well somewhere else?

12. Sounds like our new hire. Except he was the first person in the door to interview, so he was forced upon us by management that doesn't give a shit about us. We're having a grand ol' time with him, and everyday I walk in the door, look at him and think, 'Fuck. He really works here.'

Draft saved Draft deleted