1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need help with a computer question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by casty33, Mar 4, 2009.

1. casty33

casty33 Active Member

I know most of you are much more savvy on a computer than I am, so I ask the question ... What do you do when all your screen icons suddenly disappear? Where are they and how do I get them back? And keep in mind, I know very little computer terminology, so make any respnses easy for this feeble mind to understand.

Thanks for any help.

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Casty:

Have you tried restarting the computer? If they've ALL disappeared, that would be the first step. If only some have disappeared, your computer probably "cleaned up" unused icons. Let me know if step 1 works, or if only some have disappeared.

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Agreed on all points. If some icons have disappeared, chances are your computer automatically put them into a folder of "uncommonly" used programs. If all of them have disappeared, try right-clicking the screen and hitting the "refresh" option. If all else fails, just restart your computer. If all those fail, PM me because there's another method that can be done, but I'd have to know what type of computer you have what you have for an OS (operating system, i.e. Windows 2000, XP, Vista, etc.)

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

End it with a question mark, indicating that it is interrogative.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I thought that was a statement....

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Buy a Mac. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted