1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need help sj.com with wife and a high school reunion

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Nov 11, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Sing it sister on the parents.

I have been chipping away slowly on the parents. Both of her parents were nurses, so she knows every possibly malady in the Northern Hemisphere, and Lil 93 will come down with all of them if she has a sip of real milk before 12 months.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The same way she forces me to do things.

You just wait young Jedi.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

I LOL'd.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

He's not getting laid, anyway, so it won't make that much difference if someone cuts him off.

Just to echo what others are saying, no need in making her go, that's for sure. You'll both be miserable.

As far as reunions, there were only 26 of us. Two OD'd, three are in prison, and 15 I could give a fuck less about. If I want to see the other five, I'll call them.

5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Go by yourself. Your wife doesn't want to stand around for a couple of hours making small talk with people she doesn't know and might not ever see again; why would you even think of "making" her go?

So you don't have anyone to dance with. Big deal.

This is an easy one.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'd be more concerned if she wanted to go.

I mean, getting dragged to your spouses' hs reunion may be the tenth ring of hell.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Hire a really hot call girl. Impress your friends.

I've heard that works.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Amen, brother...

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

What's a Jedi?

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

You're going to demand the mother of your child leave the little one with people she isn't so sure of so she can wear uncomfortable shoes for the purpose of staring blankly while you backslap with people she knows fuck-all about?

You also might want to ask yourself why you're forcing your wife to trust your in-laws, and if she, maybe, might have reasonable reasons for not completely having faith in them.

11. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Oh, and get an Enterprise rental car.

They'll even come to your door.

(I forgot to say I went to one of my wife's reunions and...well, let's just say Thank God for the open bar.)

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

nah, get the most expensive rental. when you drive up to the reunion, the remaining hot single chicks will flock.

Edit: Shove it up your ass, fth. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted