1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need help from Chicagoland

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Feb 1, 2011.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

I know a guy... usually he's a killer pimp, but for you? He'd branch out...

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

They guy who bought the bike from Idaho is a "smaat keed" named Joel?

3. John

John Well-Known Member

Sometimes you've just go to say 'what the fuck' and make your move. Like this person did with Idaho's bike.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Shouldn't this be moved to the freelancers wanted board?

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The dream is always the same. Instead of going home, I go to the neighbors'. I ring, but nobody answers. The door is open, so I go inside. I'm looking around for the people, but nobody seems to be there. And then I hear the shower running, so I go upstairs to see what's what. Then I see her; this... girl, this incredible girl. I mean, what she's doing there I don't know, because she doesn't live there... but it's a dream, so I go with it. "Who's there?" she says. "Joel," I say. "What are you doing here?" "I don't know what I'm doing here; what are you doing here?" "I'm taking a shower," she says. Then I give her: "You want me to go?" "No," she says; "I want you to wash my back." So now, I'm gettin' enthusiastic about this dream. So I go to her, but she's hard to find through all the steam and stuff; I keep losing her. Finally I get to the door... and I... find myself in a room full of kids taking their college boards. I'm over three hours late; I've got two minutes to take the whole test. I've... just made a terrible mistake. I'll never get to college. My life is ruined.

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Good news.

Long story short: I sold a bike for $3k on eBay. A month later, buyer asked to return the bike for a refund claiming it was defective. I agreed, processed the refund and he never sent the bike back. Two months later after several failed attempts to get the bike returned via the eBay complaint system I was prepared to give up. Dude said I could pick the bike up myself 'the next time you're in town." So I posted this thread.

After posting this, I decided to actually call eBay instead of playing the electronic complaint game. After talking to someone with a funny accent, I was transferred to a good old fashioned customer service rep who listened to my case, called the buyer to arrange for eBay to actually go and pick up the bike and pay for the shipping themselves. He said he was not willing to do that unless eBay also compensated him "for his time and effort." They said screw it, will issue me a refund for the cost of the bike and forward his account to a internal fraud complaint department.

So, it looks like I may get my money after all and he has my bike ... plus a possible shut down of his eBay account which has more than 7,000 sales to it. All because he probably sold some of the bike parts after promising to return the bike.

He's a chef and restaurant owner in the Chicago Burbs. If anyone wants to go eat at his place, throw up on the table and file a health department complaint .......

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If you went through PayPal they should be able to reverse the transaction.

8. WS

WS Member

Just booked a trip to Chicago. Where do I NOT need to go eat?

9. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Is this the bike being kept in the basement at the Alamo?

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I got your bike, Idaho. What do you want me to do with the body?

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Does the guy's restaurant have a cappacino machine?

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You got me on that one. I spit up some drink.

Draft saved Draft deleted