1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need a new quest...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jones, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Jones

Jones Active Member

... for years, I've been searching for a KISS pinball machine -- 1978, Destroyer-like glass art -- in good, playable shape.

Well, in Dundas, Ontario, of all places, I found just such a beast. Perfect working order, lovingly restored, original glass, plastics, and playing surface. Even the cabinet's in decent nick.

And now, after a long-ass haul yesterday and this morning, it's in my living room.

Today, I have played about 4,682 games of pinball, while somehow maintaining a boner the entire time.

But so endeth my life's most recent big quest. This follows the end of my life's other big quest: Finding someone with a third nipple. I asked just about every new person I met whether they had one, until this dude, Marc, said "Yeah!" and pulled up his shirt, exposing a petite third nipple, matted over with rib hair.

As happy as I am to have completed these immense challenges, I am now in need of a new quest.

Suggestions, please.

2. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

For literally a decade I have been contemplating buying every Wayne Gretzky card ever made. I just know that's it's too much, too expensive and too time consuming.

My other goals are to never miss another Opening Day in Detroit, nor miss another Thanksgiving Day football game in Detroit.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This is not a quest, but rather a suggestion.

Look on the underside of the pinball machine. There should be a small notice that says "If your erection lasts longer than four hours, please seek medical attention."

4. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I think I'd like to do two chicks

[​IMG]

5. Jones

Jones Active Member

Sue, I like the Wayne Gretzky thing, because it's finite. I like quests that can be finished. Your other goals, while totally sweet, have no end point, at least until you're dead.

I have a Gretzky second-year card, if you want to trade it for, I dunno, some kickass police boots.

And Ace, this machine, fortunately, comes with a glory hole. Inside the cabinet is a reasonable facsimile of Gene's tongue.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Jones, ol' buddy ... in your previous quest, did you happen to come across a working version of Jacks Open, '70s style? (pant-pant-pant)

7. Jones

Jones Active Member

Not that I remember, Shottie. I've been in more basements and barns than you could shake a dick at over the past few years, and not just to hump teenagers and livestock. I might have seen one along the way. I'll check my photo logs.

I did almost spring for Galaxian yesterday. This dude also had Dragon's Lair and a vintage Playboy pinball machine.

He definitely didn't have Jacks Open. I just did a little checking -- Gottlieb made it, one of their last machines before going under. Came out in 1977, just under 3,000 units. I bet because of the bankruptcy, there are some mint units out there. I just saw pics of one is very good condition in someone's basement.

The one thing is, it has the old "dial-style" scoring mechanism. Tough to find one of those that isn't all gummed up.

Honestly, shottie, I'll check my files.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Try following that star...

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Pinball at its finest.

[​IMG]

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hey... do something on Sanjaya... cut his vocal cords, do his sister....or you could do his sister....

11. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Two chicks at the same time.

Edit: Dammit, OTD. I guess I should have read the whole thread first.

12. Rambler

Rambler Member

Jones,

Did you run across any Rolling Stones pinball machines? My brother has the blackglass of one and I've always thought it would be the ultimate gift to get him the whole she-bang. Pending that lottery win, that is.

Draft saved Draft deleted