1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need a new look

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, May 3, 2008.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

May I suggest,

http://www.johnstonmurphy.com/catalog_chooser.aspx\

You can get a blazer, shoes and a couple of shirts. Assuming you have a pair of jeans and you are golden. You have several different looks and if you switch the shoes for sandals, drop the jacket, switch the jeans with white pants, you have a summer wardrobe for a couple hundies. {craigcarton}

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

3. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I really want to wear a top hat to baseball games I cover. Just get to the press box, set that puppy next to my laptop, brush off my seat with my handkerchief and get to work.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

We have prep football games this Halloween. I've got half a mind to wear a dark suit with the tie loosened, a fedora with the press pass in the headband, and carrying a Smith-Corona.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'll do it if you will.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

had a buddy in high school. he looked like tom petty. his name was steve. we called him tom. on many occasions, when he knew we were going to get super fucked up, steve ... tom would slide on a top hat, sun glasses and walk around with a cane in public ... vintage don't come around here no more stuff.

it worked. i say you try it.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I have no suggestions on clothes, but wanted to give a big shout out for the TMBG reference in the original.

10. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This is Bubbler and I hanging out in Vegas a few weeks ago. The boy is way too modest.

[​IMG]

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fixed

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted