1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I need a new favorite show. Sell me on yours.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, May 14, 2011.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Tried Glee. Didn't care for it.

And I know two other people who watched Smallville. One is relatively normal. The other is a fantasy baseball fanatic who lives in the boonies in southern Virginia and looks like Larry the Cable Guy.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I watched Smallville. I have a raging crush on Michael Rosenbaum.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wait, I thought you were a Pennsylvania guy.

4. outofplace

Funny. No, Larry the Cable Guy has more hair than I do.

5. outofplace

Then you should have liked the final episode. He didn't have that much screen time, but what he had was great stuff. Welling said it was like he had never left and he was right. Rosenbaum was still the best part of that show.

6. Herky_Jerky

Herky_Jerky Member

Yes, that was awesome. I love when shows are meta.

7. Herky_Jerky

Herky_Jerky Member

I will give a third to "Warehouse 13" and a second to "The Big Bang Theory."

Speaking of Syfy, I've also really enjoyed "Eureka," but I never have any clue when or if it's returning.

8. Herky_Jerky

Herky_Jerky Member

Love love love "The Inbetweeners." The comparison I heard before watching it was "Superbad" in a British TV format. But the IASIP comparison might be even better.

Speaking of the Brits, since we've already established your love for Sci-Fi, you should check out "The Misfits." It's about a bunch of teenage scofflaws who are struck by lightning and discover they have super-powers. It's not as cheesy it sounds. And the one character -- whose name I forget -- has a hilariously foul mouth. I can't wait for Season 3 (or, as they say across the pond, Series 3).

9. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Member

Warehouse and Eureka are part of the channel's summer schedule. They're both back on July 11 and run to late September or so.

10. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Any of USA's original programming -- In Plain Sight, Burn Notice, Psych, White Collar, Royal Pains and Fairly Legal (Sarah Shahi is HOT) ... :)

11. outofplace

I do like Burn Notice. Have watched off and on and kept up with the end of the last season. Gotta love Bruce Campbell and Gabrielle Anwar as a supporting cast, if nothing else.

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

My favorite is Big Bang Theory. When I'm home, I watch that live. Then, I watch Community on the DVR. Both are equally good.

Draft saved Draft deleted