1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I murder insects.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I saw another one in my bathtub tonight. One of those fucking 30-legged freak shows that don't even have the dignity to officially be centipedes.

Silverfish.

[​IMG]

Did you ever squeeze one of these fuckers from the bottom, watching the top part wriggle around as though it had a complex-enough nervous system to understand pain? Did you ever flush one while it was still alive, watching it attempt to climb the porcelain as the cascading water takes it to inevitable death?

I got my boxers on
    I got my T-shirt on
    I got tissues in hand
    It's been too long

Bug killer, better you than me
    Bug killer, insect brutality

[​IMG]

The thing that really fucking grinds me about these motherfuckers is when people stand up for them, as if insects have some sort of unassailable right to be here. This is my apartment, and I'm paying a third of my annual income to live here by myself. You ain't put in on this, man.

I don't understand how, in many states, it's legal to fire a bullet into the brain of an intruder, but there are people who try to protect insect life. And what exactly do these motherfuckers do, anyway? We're all here for a reason, except insects. I get that worms loosen up soil and spiders kill flies and ants and bees pollinate flowers, but someone tell me what any of that has to do with my apartment.

I own two fly swatters. I live in a one-bedroom apartment. I like to keep one in reach at all times, like James Bond sleeping with a gun under the pillow. And I murder savagely.

That motherfucker drowned. I hope his children watched him die.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

Better a Silverfish than a centipede. Those fuckers can bring the pain if they get a hold of some skin.

3. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

I, too, am an insect murderer. I keep a spray bottle of insect killer stuff handy so I can chase down any cockroaches that stray into my home and watch those nasty fuckers drown in the stuff. They don't go down easily. Even dead they so ook me out that I use a paper towel and a plastic bag to pick them up (thank you Palm Beach Post for delivering the paper in plastic bags perfect for cleaning up bugs and dog crap).

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Are we sure that's a silverfish?

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This is about the wrongest thread ever.

Everyone who knows me laughs (or scorns) at me, because when there is a bug inside, I scoop it up with a piece of paper and move it outside.

I can't kill anything.

6. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

My gf does that - even to venomous brown recluses that seem to enjoy my home. Drives me nuts. I tell her the spider would gladly kill and eat me if he had the chance; we owe it no favors.

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I got bit by a brown recluse once-not fun.

If I didn't live in a suburban area, I would shoot and kill squirrels. Insects don't bother me as much, but those fuzzy rats with tails must die.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Spiders freaked me out until I learned they eat mosquitoes. Yeah, spiders!

Draft saved Draft deleted