1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I miss Piggly Wiggly (where do you shop for groceries?)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wedgewood, May 24, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

HyVee?? MUHAHHHHHHHH

2. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

HyVee is our biggest advertiser. Don't laugh. :)

For that matter, ShopKo kicks in some good money.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Trader Joe's is cool, if you're a foodie or a wine nerd. I'm neither, so I don't go that often. But I have found cool stuff there.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I heart HyVee. There was one about three miles from my parent's growing up so we always went to HyVee over Wal-Mart.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Not exactly a high threshold of praise

6. JBHawkEye

HyVee is the best. Only place I go.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I think HyVee is the only place you can go in a certain midwestern state that has a shitload of corn.

8. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Oh, gee, which state would that be? ::)

9. JBHawkEye

No, no. :) We have some others.

Fareway is also quite popular. Builds in a lot of small towns. A chain that closes all of its stores on Sunday.

10. Where there's a helpful smile in every aisle.

Although I'd rather go Krogering.

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I shop at Mr. Z's or a Weis and Sam's if I want to get more for less. I've visited a Piggly Wiggly, a Food Lion, a Kroger too, but my favorite of all-time was Winn-Dixie. Man that was a great store.

When I made the move for my first job a guy I worked with told me about all these great sales going on at Winn-Dixie. Buy 1 Get 2 frees of all kinds of good shit. So I went the next day and spent $130 and saved $170. Glorious I say, Glorious!!! Plus saying it's fun....not as fun as Piggly Wiggly, but still enjoyable.

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

In the northest, I shop at Price Chopper, good prices, decent selection, nice organic food section...But the PC deli SUCKS.... Or, I go to Stop and Shop. Prices are a bit higher, better deli, and a good prepared food section.

Draft saved Draft deleted