1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I miss Piggly Wiggly (where do you shop for groceries?)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wedgewood, May 24, 2007.

1. OrangeGrad

OrangeGrad Member

Ahhh Wegmans. The greatest supermarket in all the land, with incredible selections, decent prices and everything a person could want. It's what I miss most about being in the Northeast. Instead, I'm stuck at places like Wal-mart and Schnucks. Maybe one day Wegmans will take over the world, not just New York.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Actually, I just rag on you because; grocery shopping is a perk.
    But when I go back to Michigan next month, you bet I'm taking a cooler for shopping...

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

There's a locally-owned place where I live which is the greatest grocery store ever. Has everything the chains have, plus lots of extras, good produce, great meats and cheeses, etc. It's a tad pricier than the chains, but still well worth it.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I'll stop crying myself to sleep over your hurtful comments.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I shop at Eat My Ass, that's where I shop.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Albertsons. It's on the corner, and I can walk.

After work though, it's all Winco all the time.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

A friend who lived in Denver shopped at King Soopers.

For some reason, it was colloquially referred to as Queen Soopers.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

They got great berries.

9. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Albertson's, mainly. It's the closest big store to where I live. My city is kind of strange, however. Wal-Mart is the big dog, but there's a co-op of indie grocery stores that has a big chunk of the market -- some of the indie stores are a little more upscale, some are like the places where your mom shopped in the 60s and the 70s. Whole Foods is doing well over here, and a Fresh Market is set to open in the fall. I wish we would get a Trader Joe's....I've read about that place and sounds really great.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Trader Joes is great... but two buck chuck is overrated.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Going to a place called Russ' tommorrow. Only other options are HyVee and Wal-Mart. I guess there is a ShopKo here, too.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I and the gf go to Publix mostly, but we do stop in at Wild Oats sometimes in case we want some special meal stuff, or cheese. They have a much wider variety there.

Draft saved Draft deleted