1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I miss MASH

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by casty33, Jan 7, 2015.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

He could have literally thrown a spear at lions in Africa. They aren't going to call a black character "spear chucker" on tv today.

Mac's mom described how she was giving oral to a guy while simultaneously taking it from behind on Always Sunny in Philadelphia a couple weeks ago. Then described as the two guys finished on each other.

But there is no frigging way networks are going to call a black guy 'spearchucker' on tv today.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Trivia time!
    The guy who played Spearchucker was Timmy Brown, who had a pretty decent NFL career in the 1960s. He still holds the Eagles' franchise record for career kickoff return yardage and kickoff return touchdowns.
    Whenever the early MASH reruns would come on and he'd have a scene, my dad, a big Eagles fan, would always tell the story about the game when Brown returned two kickoffs for touchdowns against the Cowboys.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Your sarcasm detector is broken.

4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

He was also in the movie 'MASH,' but played Cpl. Judson, the guy who goaded Ben Davidson's character into an ejection during the football game.

5. YorksArcades

YorksArcades Active Member

In the last week or so, they showed the pilot episode again. MeTV keeps some stuff that used to get cut, so we saw the smaller of Gary Burghoff's two hands.

I don't know if someone freaked out when that was shown originally, but he kept that hand hidden a lot after that.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I wonder if Radar had an early version of Barry Bonds' clear and cream and only used it on one hand.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Well, it does get mighty lonely in Iowa so odds are good he put some sort of cream on it.

Draft saved Draft deleted