1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I miss MASH

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by casty33, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Man you and me both 'dexter. One of the saddest show endings ever. Just sat there stunned.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is still one of the most powerful television scenes I've seen, but I think poin's point was that he doesn't care for the episodes after that one.

3. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Like I said, I still enjoy the later episodes, but on Alda and the Hawkeye character, you're pretty accurate. And good call on the Radar character. In the movie and the first year of the TV show, he seemed to be putting on an innocent act and was actually pretty mischevious and fairly street smart. Then at some point, the TV producers decided they had to raise the naivete up to 11.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what I meant. The post Henry/Trapper characters (along with Radar turning into an innocent child/man, as opposed to the deviant he was in early years) were like eating Lean Cuisine instead of Ruth's Chris.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

+1

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Great point. It got way too sensitive.

7. EStreetJoe

The choice is an easy one... start with Adam's Ribs or The Incubator.

8. poindexter

I am partial to the episode where trapper and hawkeye realize they are drunks. Henry is out of town, and Frank makes the camp dry.

9. poindexter

"This is a press conference. The last thing I want to be doing is answering a bunch of questions."

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Is The Incubator the one where Henry's desk flies away?

I love that one.

"Know what kind of wood this is?"

"Oak."

"Nope. It's oak."

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Funny, that my favorite line is actually from what I would consider a later episode. Not a late episode, but certainly past it's prime.

Hawkeye has to examine everyone's feet, and he pays a visit to Hot Lips. He's filling out his report and says:

Report on Houlihan, Margaret, Major.
    By Pierce, B. F., Captain.
    I'm getting a little crazy, backwards, talking.

I love that.

12. EStreetJoe

The one where Henry's desk flies away is "To Market, to Market"

Draft saved Draft deleted