1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I might be a Democrat if...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

The Democrats would actually address in a constructive way the real problem with the working class as it relates to the border issue. Bush clearly doesn't get it with the working class votes he's gotten with his push today for amnesty because these Mexicans will cross over and take jobs Americans won't. Sure George. Mexicans used to working for pennies on the dollar, relatively speaking, in a dirt poor nation consider $5 an hour a raise and I certainly understand that. But they don't vote for you. The people who are stuck living for under $10 an hour are. The only people you relate to economically are the people who buy your $20,000 a plate meals during fund-raisers. George hasn't had a friend in the sub $10 an hour range since high school. Which makes you wonder how much he cares for that segment of the American military.

No, I haven't suffered a head injury this afternoon.

But I'm waiting for a hypocritical Democrat -- you know, of the party that cares for the average Joe -- to defend Bush on the basis of market economics. The same market economics that said gas was $3 a gallon because of demand by India and China when suddenly, we must assume, India and China quit using gas and the cost dropped to $2 a gallon. But they're using again, obviously....

2. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

You can be sure at Phillips Andover Academy he didn't have many relationships with $10 an hour working folk or their spawn.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Thing is, I'm not sure how many Democrats in D.C. did either.

And speaking of the war, my next vote is McCain's. He's got a son over there - something I've been criticized about - so if he can make decisions relating to the war knowing it affects his son, I'll vote for him.

4. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

You might be a Democrat if you were living in Mississippi in 1950.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

If your dad was a factory worker in Flint, Gary or Cleveland, you might be a Democrat...

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

If you're an unwanted bastard who lives on the kindness of other people, you might be a Democrat.

Doesn't really explain why I've been voting Republican, tho.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

*ahemwedon'twanthimahem*

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It's being said in a crude manner, and I'm disappointed in myself, but Yawn is right. Democrats are being hypocrites on this issue, and turning their back on unions. It's expected that President Oil Barron is taking care of his cronies who don't want to pay real wages. It's not expected that Democrats would willingly play along. And some people are going to be shocked when, if the system is changed, businesses stop hiring these folks who "do the work Americans won't," which btw has been proven to be completely untrue, because they can't pay them under the table at lower wages.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

like him?

[​IMG]

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If your front porch collapses and kills more than two dogs ... you might be a Democrat.

11. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

"If you strap a dead panda to the front of your Hummer and run over people in a Gay Pride parade, you might not be a democrat." [/RichardJeni]

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If you see a sign that says "Say No To Crack" and it reminds you to pull your jeans up ... you might be a Democrat.

Draft saved Draft deleted