1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I met Mr. Belding tonight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John, Nov 23, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

In terms of the show, Belding wasn't a top-billed character, but there was nothing minor about Mr. B.

And who's Otis? (One of the dorks -- or dweebs -- is named Herbert Otis. He had poofy, curly hair and black glasses.) I'm wondering if you mean the black dude in the eighth-grade years in Indianapolis, Milo.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Jessie would be No. 4 for me, squeezing Screech and Lisa down a spot. My feeling is that if you're on the front credits, you aren't a minor character in the show.

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Zach was the main focus on that show and his relationship with Kelly was shoved down the viewers' throats through all the seasons, to the end with their wedding. Slater was always a guy trying to get with Kelly, so that set up the Zach vs Slater rivalry, which in turn led to him being #3. Screech is up there for the sheer fact of bringing comic relief to the show and he ever persistent pursuit of Lisa, which brings us to #5. Lisa, while not one for comic relief, always had words of wisdom at the right moment and could command a scene. Jessie's only claim to fame was "I'm so excited" and that was fleeting. Maybe you can interchange Lisa and Jessie, but that's as far as I am going.

4. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

That's it, Milo. He was a solid stand-by during the eighth-grade years.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Jessie was the voice of reason for the group. She was the smart one -- although Zack got a 1502 on the SATs and Screech edged her by a hundredth of a point point for Bayside's Valedictorian -- the editor-in-chief of the paper, the news director of KKTY and the moral fiber for all that was "The Gang." Jessie was an irreplaceable part of the show -- you know, until the fifth season when she disappeared.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

jessie's work as a stripper catapults her to No. 2 on this list of shitty actors regardless of the fact that that "body of work" came in the post-SBTB days.

jesus mayfly, i'd have thought you already knew that rule.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

He was also killer in Seasons 1 and 2 of Punky Brewster, playing Mike Fulton, the lovable but strict counselor at Fenster Hall.

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I never saw the movie, so I can't vouch for her "body of work."

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

man card revoked. :D

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Good thing I keep a box of them in my closet like caffeine pills.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Here's Berkley's interview about Showgirls on Letterman:

She's not very funny, but Letterman makes up for it.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted