1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I met Mr. Belding tonight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

A buddy and I sat at the bar next to him one night, and he had everybody rolling on the floor when he said things like "Let's put it this way ... none of us were surprised when we saw Elizabeth did Showgirls" and "I'm telling you ... if you can't get laid in Vegas ... you just can't get laid."

Classic stuff.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Looks like I should test that Vegas theory. If nothing else, I could at least stop hoping for that day to come around again.

3. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

met dustin diamond, briefly. sorta. saw his standup routine. then he was trying to sell shit at the door. didn't buy anything. was funny as you can expect screech to be. did a lot of zack likes the cock jokes

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Lopez said Diamond wasn't funny at all. He felt sorry for him.

5. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Know who's good buds with Dennis Haskins? St. Louis Rams assistant head coach Rick Venturi. Can't remember how they got to know each other, but it was strange seeing a picture of Belding up on the wall when you went in his office in New Orleans.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

He's from Chattanooga and is friends with former UTC coach Mack McCarthy as well. Would travel now and then to see Mack's teams play. Not sure if he's making many treks to see East Carolina.

7. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

I met Dennis Haskins my senior year of college when he came into town to do a show. Had him sign my ticket stub afterwards, and he signed it "Dennis Haskins, Mr. B", which I thought was pretty cool. Seemed like he embraced the SBTB experience pretty well.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I was just at Best Buy and saw the made-for-TV-movies on one disc for $14.99, and I almost picked it up. I need that and Season 5 to complete the set.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I did an episode of "Twice in a Lifetime" with Martin Mull and loved him. Nice man, no visible ego - he was charming and sweet. Would work with him again in a heartbeat.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

God, John, I'm so glad that's the post you made. I was going to make the 'Philadelphia' joke, but you were on top of your game.

Bully!

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

I don't think Dennis Haskins ever has to pay for a drink.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

He looks like he could be the homeless guy who wanted your money for wine...

Draft saved Draft deleted