1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I met Mr. Belding tonight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John, Nov 23, 2007.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

Dennis Haskins was at the basketball game I covered and I chatted with him for a few minutes outside the media room afterward.

When I told him I watched him on TV the other day he put on a forced grin, because he thought I meant Saved by the Bell. But when I told him I saw the episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia he was in, he beamed. He said he loved that show and loved the chance to play a PE teacher who was accused of molesting his students.

Nice guy. Enormous head.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I met Martin Mull once. He was the same way, about "Clue." I asked him about Red Roof Inn instead. You ever seen an ego deflate before your eyes? I have. 8)

3. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

I met Mr. Belding when he was in Akron for the Soap Box Car Derby. One of life's highlights.

4. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Funny, cause I went to this All-Star party in California, and met Dante Culpepper and Jerry Porter and then asked how they knew the host. They told me it was a paid promotion, but when I asked the host, he got really sheepish. I asked a group of gorgeous women the same thing, and they said it was a paid appearance. But when I asked the host, who said he knew them, he got pretty shy.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Mario Lopez is a fabulous person. But Dennis Haskins is definitely on my list of people to meet.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Dude! TMI!

:D

7. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Hey, how many people could actually say, "I fucked Screech"?

Something to ponder, huh?

9. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

NSFW (the second one really)

http://www.bestweekever.tv/tag/Celebrity+Fit+Club

About Screech.

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Did richard give you famous high pitched giggle?

11. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I have a feeling that the person that hosted this party spells his name with three simple letters and a lot of douche.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Or a "Hey, hey, hey. What is going on, here?"

Draft saved Draft deleted