1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I mean, WTF

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EE94, Jul 31, 2008.

1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The passengers did the right thing. There was nothing they could have done to prevent the kid from dying.

Someone could have tried to play the hero but the result might have been more casualties. It's not like the guy got away either. They locked him in the bus and the authorities took care of it.

I'd say it was handled very well.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Look, Chuck Norris, the guy was dead. There was nothing they were going to do to help him. The wisest move to not make a bad situation worse was to pull the bus over and get out. Before the "if Canadians could have guns" crowd pops in, if you missed him, your chances of killing an innocent passenger would have been most excellent. An out-of-control dude with a knife the size of an El Camino is not someone you rush without a plan. Also a mitigating factor: most of the people on the bus were sleeping at the time it happened, so it's not as if they were all clear-eyed the moment it began happening.

Also, RTFA: one guy WAS ready to jump him, a guy with military experience, and ended realizing the wisest move was to get out. Why don't you call him and tell him what a pussy he is.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

1) The guy being attacked was a goner before anyone even realized what was happening.

2) The attacker is swinging a "Rambo knife" in the confined quarters of a bus.

3) The others had the ability to contain the guy on the bus and keep anyone else from being hurt.

It's not like this was a school shooting or something where taking the guy down would have kept him from continuing his spree. The only thing that would have been accomplished by jumping this guy was increasing the casualty list.

4. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I'm not sure how credible this website (BLOG!) is, but there is some fucked up audio on it regarding the "eating" part.

There are graphic photos and NSFW.

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/193490.php

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

7. KG

KG Active Member

My IE won't let me open it.

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Dad?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. markvid

markvid Guest

Be glad it won't.
    That's not the victim in the photo, is it?

10. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I don't think so. It looks pretty fake. And the scissors and knife, if they were the weapons, would be bloody, no?

11. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

You'd think so.

BTW, did you notice the name of the person who posted the video? Dr. Rusty Shackelford.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted