1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I mean, if Big Papi can drop an F-bomb on TV...?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by spikechiquet, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I think he got completely thrown off by the realization that what he had just uttered had made it on the air.

However, I assume he was warned in advance there would be a moment for him to reveal a little about himself to the viewers. His preparation was phenomenal.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I was going to say this guy can at least take solace in knowing Boom Goes the Dynamite guy is a working anchor...

...but no, he isn't. I knew he got hired in Waco, but looks like he got laid off, got a job working on the web page of the FOX affiliate in Cincinnati for a while, and now works for a content provider doing SEO writing.

3. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

Well, go back on his tweets enough and you'll find the N word and the phrase "No homo."

But, judging by the responses on the station's Facebook page by commenters, it appears he won't be fired or else get tons of backlash from everybody that watches the station.

4. PCLoadLetter

And the background image of his Twitter page is a photo of a bunch of cassette tapes, including one prominent one labeled "Music Touched My Vagina."

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

This dude should bypass Bismarck and go straight to CNN.

6. PCLoadLetter

He may be better than Wolf.

7. NDJournalist

All that aside, his answer to the prompt was horrible.

"Tell us a little about yourself A.J."
    "I'm very excited. I graduated from West Virginia University and I'm used to, you know, from being in the East Coast."

Last I checked, North Dakota is far from the East Coast.

8. PCLoadLetter

You know, if you listen to it again.... pretty sure he says "gay fucking shit."

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

CNN could train the camera on Wolf's white butt for an hour, and it would be better than Wolf.

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

That's what I thought, too.

11. NDJournalist

That's what I gathered as well.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Say ... ND, eh? ... Could it be?

Don't forget to look into the camera, mushmouth. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted