1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I may have to turn Democrat, if only for the TV shows

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Dec 7, 2011.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

See?

2. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Alas, I meant that my dislike of him had nothing to do with politics. Easy, man I love Ludivine too. And plus, I like plenty of Republican actors: Bruce Willis, Nick Searcy (who did that Herman Cain ad), the late Noble Willingham ran as a Republican for Congress.

I stand by Fillion's smugness.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's cool... I just remember a friend of mine who stopped watching Everybody Loves Raymond because he found out Patricia Heaton is an outspoken conservative. I just don't understand that kind of thinking... My movie and music collection would take a colossal hit if I stopped watching or listening to people who I might disagree with politically... :D

Fillion is smug. It's kind of his trademark.

4. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

I never really watched "Raymond" (not for anything to do with Heaton) but I used to watch her show The Middle regularly when I had cable.

And the novelist who wrote the funniest novel ever about journalism (Scoop)--Evelyn Waugh was a conservative.

5. BTW - While Nathan Fillion is Canadian - he is not Conservative. I just made that up. He is actually very liberal. Electric cars are one of his passions.

My penis is the size of Tasmania.

6. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Which one? Nathan or Adam?

Edit: Never mind. I finished reading the rest of the posts and figured it out. Was he the pilot on Firefly? Or the captain? Seems they were all Canadian...

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Many years ago, I was drinking with my father, who is an arch-conservative. We were alternately listening to Irish folk music on record and I was playing the guitar and singing Irish and American folk songs.
    I taught him the refrain to a song, and he sang it with me. He thought it was beautiful.
    We sang it again and recorded it on a cassette.
    My father asked me who wrote it.
    It was 'Knocking on Heaven's Door', and I told him Bob Dylan wrote it.
    He immediately declared he didn't like that song.

My mother told me later that he listened to the tape all the time when I wasn't around.

(And for the record, my father can't carry a tune in a bucket.)

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

He was Captain Mal Reynolds.

Draft saved Draft deleted