1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I may have stumbled into the coolest thing ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Aug 22, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

When you've got a brother-in-law as a cop with a well-off wife, you can pretty much do that any time you visit the family. But, damn it, if that isn't a sweet, sweet gig. I am quite jealous, sir.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

This actually went down at a bar I used to cook at -- they used our back room. We comped the booze, on account of the cops drinking in the bar off-shift, which is the best insurance policy money can buy.

I, alas, did not participate.

3. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

The good folks of law enforcement seem to enjoy inviting the good folks of the news media to get plowed in front of them. This same opportunity was presented to an editor friend of mine a few years ago — and of course, she gladly accepted.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

At one paper I was at they did a story about whether or not people realized when they were too drunk to drive. The reporter took two copy editors out drinking with the cops, and well, apparently copy editors don't know when they're too drunk to drive.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Is that on your record?

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

No, but only because they didn't invite me along. It was news people. Completely not fair.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

BTW, my work had NOTHING to do with it. This was an invite by a friend of mine outside the business who just happens to know I like to enjoy adult beverages once in a while. She knows people. And I'm a lucky boy!

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so, you are going to help train cops on how best to bust you in the future?

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

F-H, Remember to take a poke at them when they drag you home. They'll want to get the full effect.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

"Cop's got a hat, I wanna hat." One of the great lines ever from 'KRP.

11. man, i've seen this on the news before--very jelous of you--sounds like a good way to have a good time with some down to earth people and maybe learn a thing or two about behind the scenes police procedure, etc--have fun

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I was kind of wondering if this thing would segue into a demonstration on the proper use of a tazer.

Draft saved Draft deleted