1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I may have stumbled into the coolest thing ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

And by the end, I will mean stumble!

Got a call from a friend earlier tonight inviting me out to a function of sorts. For six hours later this fall, I'll be allowed, actually, encouraged, to get shitfaced drunk at the behest of my county police department. They'll supply the booze, they'll offer me chips and pretzels and stuff to get me thirsty so I'll drink more, and all I have to do is let the cops pick me up and take me home and promise I won't go anywhere after.

Apparently police cadets need actual drunks to see exactly what to look for and test for once they become real cops. And apparently I may just be the person that can help them out. For once my tax dollars will go towards something I agree with!!!!!

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

You. Lucky. Bastard.

3. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Sign me up! Man, what a cool thing.

I'm checking with the local PD tomorrow to see if this program is available in my area!

4. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

That's almost as cool as when the scientist-type people go to colleges to encourage people to participate in their marijuana studies. I always wanted to do that, but I was too paranoid. :D

5. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

That's well done, sir.

6. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

I would have been the perfect candidate during my alchie days where a pint of Jack wouldn't deter me in the slightest from driving anywhere and a 12-pack was an easy drive home if I knew the way.

I'm glad to put those days behind me.

But I'm still jealous that I couldn't get a gig like that back in the day.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Sounds good until you realize you'll be drinking all of the confiscated cheap-ass beer that have been getting high schoolers drunk for years. Natty Light, Schmidt, Milwaukee's Best, et. all. Just check the refrigerator furthest from the door atyour local convenience store to get a better idea. You've been warned.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That's where you're wrong. My friend will tell them what we'd prefer to drink, and sine it's the same thing there's no worries, and they'll get it for us. It's a rather common alcohol. Nothing fancy or difficult.

9. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Get everything on video tape.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

OUTING ALERT!

Flying headbutt is actually McLovin!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

FH - I'm jealous then. Let us know how you do.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Reminds me of the WKRP where Johnny and Venus get drunk on the air for a cop, and Johnny gets remarkably sharper with every drink.

Draft saved Draft deleted