1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I may be treading on blasphemy here, but....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TrooperBari, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Someone once swore to me I wouldn't be able to tell the difference if I switched to decaf.

Horse.
    Shit.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I can see myself completely giving up caffeinated coffee. I can NOT see myself giving up coffee altogether. I've been drinking it in some form for nearly 30 years.

3. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue ...

4. David Panian

David Panian New Member

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbn

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Wuss.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/

:D

6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I'm TrooperBari, and I approve this post.

Got two boxes of the individual packets in my desk now, one with lemonade and the other with cherry-pomegranate. I like the tropical punch, too, but I have to go to Safeway for that.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I cannot give up coffee. I'm down to one Diet Coke a day, but I drink a pot of coffee plus at least two cups of coffeehouse brew a day. I may have a problem.

8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman in caffeine defense shocker!

I gave up all things caffeinated and carbonated for four months in 1999 and it was the best I've ever felt. I may not be able to play like I did then, but I'd like to at least replicate the feeling.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No alcohol, no smoking, no coffee and no tea. But I have a Mountain Dew habit that I'm sort of addressing.

All I'm really trying to do is cut down. Cutting it out is pretty much under "forget it" territory, but more orange juice and less Mountain Dew when I'm not at work. I can't say as I've seen any difference, but maybe I will now that the weather is move conducive to the bike and less so to sledding and silly boots.

10. This is the best suggestion. It's what I do.

Fruit juice, surprisingly, isn't all that good for you or your teeth. It has a LOT of sugar in it - nearly as much as soda.

My daughter was nearly three when she had her first cavity. We were like WTF? Juice - especially the shit they make for kids - is just OK in small doses. Look at the label sometime and you'll see what I mean.

Draft saved Draft deleted