1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I may be treading on blasphemy here, but....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TrooperBari, Feb 23, 2008.

1. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Doing it now for the second time in three years. It's frustrating because that soda is apparently all we can buy in the house, and I'm stuck drinking tap water. Family knows this. Family doesn't care.

I don't ever have a problem with it, and would like to think that if I can give it up for good - or, at least, not drink three or four cans of soda a day - I can avoid health complications later on in life.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

If I have kids, the only thing in the fridge will be grapefruit and cranberry juices. Sure there'll be some booze and the occasional half-gallon of milk, but that's where I draw the line.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I've never had grapefruit juice, but I assume I wouldn't like it since I hate the taste of grapefruits. I also don't like cranberry juice. Apple juice is good, but it gives you the runs. If I am drinking juice I stick to orange juice.
    Also, I used to drink a lot of Pepsi each day, but since all the restaurants in Texas only serve Coke, and I hate the taste of Coke, it made giving up soda pop a lot easier.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Grapefruit juice, to me, is the perfect blend of sweet and sour. I've never had a bad experience with it. Cranberry juice, too. I used to sneak that in the nursing-home cooler during high school and college. From that point, I was hooked.

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Grapefruit juice isn't bad, but I prefer white grape. Girls love when you drink fruit juices though.

6. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Why is that? Not being a smartass, I've just never heard that before :)

7. Rambler

Rambler Member

I'm a Diet Coke guy. Two or three a day. Never coffee.

I gave up The Caffeine about six months ago. I had headaches for a while and lots of yawns but it cleared up.

After about six weeks I went back to it. Missed my The Caffeine.

8. Rumpleforeskin

Let's just say it naturally sweetens other juices.

9. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Aha. Does it matter which fruit juices?

10. Rumpleforeskin

http://drinkhealthydrinks.com/soft-drinks/best-fruit-juices/

It's in there.

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Urban myth. Unless you happen to have first-hand knowledge because you suck a lot of post-fruit-juice dick.

12. Rumpleforeskin

Can't say I do.

Draft saved Draft deleted