1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I love you TJ Simers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by VJ, Sep 13, 2007.

1. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I can understand the comparison.
    But, one of these guys will go to the locker room. One of these guys will do leg work. One of these guys picks up the phone. One of these guys gets interviews. One of these guys travels.
    One doesn't.
    Their styles may be comparable, but their work isn't.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Sweet-merciful-Christ, what an asshole. I don't give a shit if it's an act or not; how can someone enjoy being that much of a dickhole, fake or otherwise?

3. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

At least Mariotti is sincere (I think). I'll take passion over snickering. If you're just going to mock something, why bother with it at all?

4. fishwrapper

I agree. But -- and I don't understand it -- why does he have a state, a university and a fanbase at the end of a hook?

5. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

BTW, what would the over/under be on one-sentence paragraphs in 15 Telander columns?

6. fishwrapper

When someone sees Jay in a locker room, have AP send out a News Alert.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Because, as has been proven time and again, the L.A. fan base is made up of part-time morons who care more about beating the traffic and how they look on TV than actually rooting for their team?

8. fishwrapper

A stereotype and gross generalization (with a small hint of truth).

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Kind of like Simers' columns during this whole debacle? Hmmm ... maybe I have a future as a columnist.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

What makes you think he does?

11. Prodigal Son

Prodigal Son Member

Considering about 99% of the assholes that populate this website, isn't your post a prime example of the pot calling the kettle black?

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Exactly. Simers isn't Bill Plaschke, Jim Murray or Joe Posnanski... He doesn't try to be...

Very few columnists make me laugh out loud on a consistent basis... Simers does it better than anybody... I'm glad a lot of people aren't in on the joke, because it makes his columns that much funnier when they're not...

Draft saved Draft deleted