1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I love you Norman Chad!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Great line from Norman Chad.

From this week's column:

"Plus you insist on foisting upon us “insider” Peter King, who hasn’t had a big scoop since he was at Baskin Robbins."

This man is funny.

http://wvgazette.com/section/Sports/2006100817?pt=0

2. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

He is funny. And he's right. NBC's pregame is a snoozer. They have moments of dead air when they're doing the highlights. Berman and company may have been over the top when they were doing NFL Primetime, but NBC has gone too far in the other direction. Somebody wake those guys up.

And Peter King is way too serious. From the expression on his face you'd think he was telling us about North Korea's nuclear weapons instead of the Patriots' cover-2 defense.

3. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

That line didn't make the WaPo's version of Couch Slouch:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/08/AR2006100800724.html

Don't know if that's edited for space or content.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Couch Slouch is a must read. Love it.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I wrote about this very thing in my blog last night. They are dull, stupefyingly so. The commentary didn't sync up with the highlights, there was dead air galore and the lead guy had no voice inflection.

6. Dignan

Dignan Guest

What happened to Norman Chad's NFL picks segment on Cowherd? I enjoyed that last year.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

8. Norman --
    The man who invented snark.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Did you misplace your sense of humor in the same place you lost your common sense?

10. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Wow. Just noticed this thread and we talked about the item ... but it didn't have the Peter King line.
    Wonder why the Washington Post wouldn't run that?

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Whatever happened to Nick Bakay's NFL picks?

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Forget Nick Bakay...
    I always paid attention to Mrs. Nick Bakay

Draft saved Draft deleted