1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Love You, Man

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

My favorite comedy in a few years.

Hits on so many funny, human conventions.

Paul Rudd is my boy.... impossible to imagine Brian Fantana and Peter Claven being played by the same guy.

And, finally, I like Jason Segel in something.

Oh, and Jaime Pressley... goddamn.

2. sostartled

sostartled Member

Re: I Love You Man

Looks fantastic. Paul Rudd in hilarious in just about everything, and that includes his season on Friends.

3. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Great, great movie. I thought it was one of the best comedies in quite a while.

4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Rudd is a silky smooth, likeable comic actor (good interview/cover with Entertainment Weekly last week) and I imagine he works well in this with Segel, who was fantastic in Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

I was thinking it might be a letdown, but I'm glad to hear it is great. I'll be seeing it soon.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

It was about what I expected, but I expected it to be enjoyable, so that's good.

One of the things I admire in actors is when they let themselves be really awkward and uncool with abandon, and not worry about looking stupid. Rudd really lets it all go. Glad to see him get a starring vehicle like this -- he's been so good in so many things.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He had a little-noted but excellent supporting turn in Clueless.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Yep. He was also good in Romeo + Juliet.

And just saw him in Knocked Up. I'm not a huge fan of the generic Seth Rogen comedies (he really is playing the same character every time), but that one was pretty good.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I thought he was the best part of that movie. Which is saying a lot. It's one of my guilty pleasures.

9. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

I'm excited to watch it again for all the small lines that I missed the first time.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Silverstone was one of my guilty pleasures for years, but Clueless actually was a quality movie. Wasn't it based on a Jane Austen book?

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Yep, Emma

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I believe it was Jane Austen who first penned the line, "Nice stems"

Draft saved Draft deleted