1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I love the dog; he loves cars

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Michael Echan, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

The dog is really my neighbor's pooch, but I play with him and take care of him so often that I'm practically his second owner.

Anyway, Deacon is an adorable little pooch. A real ham & goofball, but he has one major problem: whenever his owners drive into or out of the driveway, he insists at running after them. When they're coming into the driveway, he makes a bee-line for the headlights. Now, not only would his owners be devastated if he got hurt, but I'd have to be hooked up to an IV drip of zoloft, prozac and some THC in order to keep myself from going off the deep end.

I'm asking fellow SportsJournalists.commers to channel their inner Dog Whisperer & help me try to figure out how to break poor Deacon from this dangerous habit.

Oh, I can't even begin to post this without showing you a picture.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Cute little bugger.

But why is he allowed to run loose in an open yard?
  3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Same question here. Especially a white dog. I'd hate to be the one giving him a bath every other day.
  4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yeah, god forbid anyone let a dog off its leash. Kids, too. ::)
  5. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

There's an electric fence. He absolutely refuses to go near any of the borders. There's a certain point at the driveway he won't go past either. Sometimes they don't put the special collar on him and he still acts like it is there.
  6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Is there a reason they can't include the driveway in the area that is fenced off by the electric fence?
  7. Flash

Flash Guest

Uh yeah ... in most residential areas, dogs are required to either be inside a fenced yard or on a tether.
  8. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Hey! I was on a leash as a kid and I turned out just ... oh wait, nevermind.
  9. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Super-soaker gun with ice water weilded by both driver and passenger. Windows down, pooch approaches go full blast with H2O. Circle the block and repeat until it ... Uh ... soaks in.
    Works on Shelties anyway.
Draft saved Draft deleted