1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I love New Orleans, but they sure make it hard sometimes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rufino, Dec 10, 2006.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I thought that was Huey Long.

2. Not only an embezzler but a plagiarist?
    Edwin, we hardly knew ye.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Gotta love the blanket primary.

4. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

From a T-P analysis piece on the wire:

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wasn't it also Jefferson Parish that put David Duke in the state senate in the first place?

I try not to feel this way because I met some good people down there, but I really hate that whole fucking state.

6. JackS

JackS Member

Yup. Duke was from Metairie.

I generally hate politicians and don't admit to voting for any of them (when I even vote), but I'm always proud I can say I voted for Duke's opponent (Johnston in U.S. Senate race).

7. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

The Jefferson re-election is pretty embarrasing...and it makes less sense than Nagin winning. But there are congressional districts all across the country that elect dipshits -- he ain't the first guy to win while under investigation, and they haven't all been from Louisiana. Carter ran a pretty bad campaign and Harry Lee getting heavily involved didn't help her either.

8. JackS

JackS Member

The zip code is back!

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

True, but few states have the storied tradition of electorial shenanigans that Louisiana does.

Draft saved Draft deleted