1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Love My Kindle

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Got one a few weeks ago to see what the fuss is all about and I love it.

Have a few books on there and get the NY Times and Wall Street Journal loaded daily. Just added New Yorker.

When price comes down on the hardware, it seems like it could be a very good business model for newspapers to follow.

The format allows you to breeze through the paper in about half the time it would take in hard copy.

2. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

It seems to be having a positive effect on you. Not one misspelling in that post!

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

How much was it, Boom? And do you have any problems with glare etc. when you take it outside in sunlight?

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have it on my iPod. It was free.

I can't imagine paying $300 for one of those, not unless it came with a shitload of free books already in it.

5. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Got one as a hand-me-down. Love it.

6. sostartled

sostartled Member

that you were able to pick.

7. Boom_70

Maybe its a mindset because obviousy I can read pretty much any newspaper for free via the web. The way its formated makes it very easy to rip through the Times and the Journal. For travel its great. Instead of lugging a bag of books and magazines they are all in one place.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I confess. I've never read a bag of books while traveling. Usually only need one.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Two books (you may finish one), two mags for travel.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I used to be the guy with two books, five magazines and five papers in his bag during a trip. Kindle would have been nice then...

11. Boom_70

Books and Magazines for a trip are like beer for a party. You always want to have more on hand than you need.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I'd love a Kindle. When I travel for a gig I'm gone 5 to 7 weeks. If, like last summer, I'm in a part of Europe that doesn't cater to English-speaking tourists, I need some serious reading material. That can weigh a girl down. The Kindle is not available in Canada since we don't have Sprint here but the Sony Reader looks good.

Draft saved Draft deleted