1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I love Jeff Gordon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Mar 12, 2013.

1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Minor detail: There's an "09" sticker on the Camaro's windshield. However, there was no '09 Camaro. The current-gen Camaro was released in spring 2009 as a 2010 model.

Still a very fun video, and a great concept.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

This.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It is funny, but in this day and age I think it is fake to a point.

They could have lined up an actor to play the salesman, he signs a waiver, and told the guy that Gordon will come in and yada, yada, yada...

But the actor could not have totally understood how fucking good Gordon can drive and scary it is to be behind the wheel with a professional driver with a Camaro. So I think those reactions are partially genuine.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Obviously fake - you can't take someone on a ride like that without them knowing what's up. Suppose they do wreck? But still funny. I enjoyed it because it was funny, not because I was thinking it was genuine.

Life with a rod up your ass can't be much fun.

5. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Brad Noffsinger gets the credit for the stunt driving. Pretty clearly fake, but entertaining as hell.

http://www.hickoryrecord.com/independent_tribune/news/article_0671f852-8b41-11e2-8320-0019bb30f31a.html

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

#POY2013

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Well said.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Consistant

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Sort of like agreeing to ride a roller coaster and not understanding how scary it really is.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

You must not understand nerve endings.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Among the many things I don't understand.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Surprised that the Pepsi and Chevy attorneys did not have a rod up their ass and signed off on doing it.

How many days before we read about the teenager who tried the same stunt and ran his Camaro into a tree and his parents are suing Pepsi and Chevrolet.

Draft saved Draft deleted