1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I love a parade ... ho-hum

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by casty33, Feb 5, 2008.

1. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Not being a big Giants fan but being enough of a football fan (and because I had nothing else to do), I followed (occasionally) the parade through Manhattan that was all over TV in our area today. Not too exciting but a nice event for the team members and fans.

But when they got to City Hall, I drew the line. Okay, I'll accept Michael Blomberg talking because he is the Mayor of the city, but when they started wheeling out Charles Schumer, Elliot Spitzer and the rest of the politicians, I shut it off.

And please, did they have to run it when "The Young And The Restless" was due?

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Politics and sports have always had a somewhat tenuous thread. I was told that back in 1966, when England won the soccer world cup on home turf, the Labour government made sure they wore red jerseys in the final against Germany.

England wins wearing Labour's colors, the nation is swept up in good feeling, and the government got re-elected soon after.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I can'twait 'til the Leafs win the Stanley Cup and the parade starts in St. John's, Newfoundland and ends two weeks later in Victoria, British Columbia.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

All of it televised live on CBC, right?

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So they didn't let any Jersey politicos speak?

6. Fixed.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What did the Giants win?

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

A puppy.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Awww, how cute.

10. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I really thought this was going to be a Mardi Gras thread.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Have one. There's still time.

[​IMG]

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I knew Yonge Street stretched out for a long distance, but whoa. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted