1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I like Mike ... and Mike, too

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Feb 7, 2008.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I gotta admit, yeah, "classless" is the best adjective for Cowherd. He oozes sleaze.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i started listening to them on my ride into work when i switched over to news a few years back. listened to them every day for that year, and enjoyed the hell out of 'em.

but when golic started overinflecting the pitch of his voice a year or so ago on commercials, he started pissing me off.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

So shotglass, at 5:01 Pacific yesterday morning, the Mike and Mike ahad a huge intro song about this "great" contest coming up: Which Mike will beat the other in the NCAA bracket. The loser has to do a wacky stunt, like Golic waring a USC thong, or Greenberg wrestling a dwarf. They had a song going, and people will call in with suggestions, web polls, etc.

My question to you is: Who gives a fuck? Who are these people who care which one beats the other in a bracket challenge? People actually care if Golic has to wear something USC?

ESPN always defends their dreck like "Who's Now" by saying that fans love it. I would like to meet these fans. I really would like to talk to someone who cares about which mike beats the other in an NCAA bracket challenge. They don't seem like the type of sports fan I would relate to.

4. Saint Lou

Saint Lou Member

I like Mike and Mike, but the format annoys me. They talk very little about sports and when they do, they are recycling the same topics over and over again.

But that's how most sports-talk radio is these days.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

[​IMG]

What?

Oh...the tools on the radio?

Continue on.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

poin, you wouldn't relate to them.

You wouldn't relate to a lot of sports fans.

It's like watching movies. There's a suspension of disbelief. Joe Blow cares about this because ... he listens and makes it part of his day. That's all you need. You don't need anymore.

Journalists don't like to do this. This makes them no better and no worse than the people who do.

Hey, that was pretty good. It oughta be stickied.

Draft saved Draft deleted