1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I know what Jesus would do, but we're talking Cubs here

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigblueman, Sep 10, 2008.

1. bigblueman

bigblueman Member

Jesus wouldn't run because he's packin' heat.

Oh, and for all the Cubs haters, Party like it's 1908.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

The storm is hitting 220 miles away? I wouldn't worry.

3. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Keep an eye peeled for the man at all times.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He wouldn't care because despite what Cerrano says, he can still hit a curve ball...

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I'm trying to be optimistic. The Cubs won today, and Felix Pie started and got on base three times, so I think that odd combination is a sign of good karma to come.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Fall in a hole, Bubbs.

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Also, Pie and Soriano drew walks in the same inning. Never thought I'd see that.

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Post this on the Anything Goes board, where it belongs?

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Hurricane-force winds extend about that far out from Ike's center.

Even at that, if you saw the NHC track, there won't be much going on in Houston on Saturday, and a good chance — if that track holds — there won't be for a couple of months afterward.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Given the change in the storm track Bud Selig is either an idiot of the highest order or totally in the bag for the Brewers if he lets this series remain in Houston.

It's the height of stupidity to send a team into a city that is already on target to get hit by a hurricane so they can sit in a hotel without power for three fucking days.

10. bigblueman

bigblueman Member

Major League Baseball officials act like they don't know what a hurricane is.

A mandatory evacuation has been ordered in Harris County and according to the Houston Chronicle, the series is still up in the air. Even the Texas-Arkansas game in Austin has been postponed to Sept. 27. The Cubs probably don't want to fly in to Houston, and I wouldn't want to either.

Why don't they play the series in Arlington? If the storm stays on its current path, it should miss the Metroplex. The Rangers are out of town. Seems rather logical.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Consider who is in charge of MLB.. not surprising at all

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Dallas is going to get rain this weekend one way or the other. If they don't want to play at Wrigley, Busch and, I believe, Miller Park are open.

Draft saved Draft deleted