1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I know it's only High-A ball...but

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spikechiquet, Jul 3, 2007.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

doesn't this deserve some sort of news outside of one paper?

http://www.vvdailypress.com/sports/_1697___article.html/_.html

My buddy is an umpire in the Cal League and wrote this in his blog:
    "Last night we had two separate incidents where the benches cleared. The first was apparently over a hitter "stealing signs" and "tipping" pitches to his teammates - totally oblivious to me.

Whatever, no big deal. The old school thought on that is simple: Tip pitches or steal signs and you should get hit - it's part of the unwritten rules of baseball according to most.

The second incident was the all out mele of a brawl. After a close play at second base in which my partner ruled safe, the fielder and runner began in a light shoving match with quickly escalated. Both were immediately ejected, and then shit hit the fan. Benches, bullpens, and all playes immediately collaborated in the infield around second base and began throwing haymakers and anything of the sort.

Once all was said and done, six people were ejected, the pitcher ended up having to bat for the home team because they were out of eligible players, and it took 25 minutes to sort everything out and make sure nothing else would happen - not that we could guarentee this, but with the help of both manager they made it clear that if something were to happen again, that particular player would never play for that organization again. Truth be told, all was said and done for that night. Tonight is a different night, but lets hope it doesn't happen again."

2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Unfortunately, in this day and age, unless it's inflammatory or you have video of it, it doesn't gain much traction.

You have video? We laugh about it on SportsCenter.

Race, gender or sexual orientation involved? All the pundits squawk about it.

3. Editude

Editude Active Member

The players must have driven through Westside San Bernardino on the way for inspiration.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Muscoy represent! ;D

5. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I like to think that I'm Mr. Minor Leagues on this site, so I think that I have a little insight to this. Unless players start going Juan Marichal on each other, big whoop. Just a bunch of kids gettin' their panties up in a wad.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Well, Muscoy needs all the representation it can get. ;)

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Stuff happens at every level.

8. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

May I?

BLOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted