1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I know it's Bleacher Report, but...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by CCaple, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

Steroids don't help.
    Just ask the Cubs.

All have spent at least one season with the Cubs since '99.

Kerry Wood
    Mark Prior
    Matt Clement
    Carlos Zambrano
    Alfonso Soriano
    Derrek Lee
    Sammy Sosa
    Nomar Garciaparra
    Jerry Hairston
    Milton Bradley
    Cliff Floyd
    Jeromy Burnitz
    Moises Alou
    Corey Patterson
    Antonio Alfonseca
    Juan Cruz
    Aramis Ramirez
    Benito Santiago

2. nate41

nate41 Member

So I should delete that off my resume? I was an "editor" for a little over a month last summer. I stopped due to lack of pay and, you know, the desire to write/edit for a real media outlet.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I don't know if I'd go that far. I just hope that you have some other stuff too.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I would delete it, yeah. It's not relevant professional experience, and I say that mostly because it's such an amateurish site. (Which is about the nicest thing I can say about it.)

Hey, if you want to write for the site, fine. Got nothing against the people who do. But it's not resume-worthy. Not for anyone serious about working in sports media.

For me, I admit seeing that site on a resume would be somewhat of a red flag. Better to leave it off.

5. nate41

nate41 Member

I do. I'd say BR is a tiny footnote in the list of my experiences, which is why after reading this I was toying with deleting it.

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Bleacher Report has been the home of so many great posters of SportsJournalists.com. Remember Minnesota4Ever?

http://bleacherreport.com/users/124216-leslie-monteiro

7. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Seriously: If somebody's resume goes into the waste basket simply because Bleacher Report is listed on their resume, you're going to eliminate some talented people -- and that's going to be more and more the case in the future, not less.

They have a lot of hacks -- they also have some pretty talented young people who are using BR as a place to get published and try things, particularly given the lack of opportunities in this job market.

This is another one of those "rules" that you should think twice about.

Draft saved Draft deleted