1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I just went in the ladies' room!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Jun 23, 2007.

1. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

I'm merely mocking the use of "Cosby kids" in a previous post. Clearly, that got misinterpreted.

2. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

It was 1977, maybe '78, my dad took five of us to see Boston and Montrose at the local arena, which had troughs that ran the length of the whole wall of the men's bathroom. (Edit: Father dropped us off and went to the local Officer's Club to drink while concert was going on).

Anyway, after Montrose played, I go off to whiz and there's a huge line. Obviously something's going on near the troughs ... turns out a stoner had somehow managed to either fall into the trough or had passed out lengthwise into it. With Boston about to take the stage, guys were peeing on either side of him and weren't in any hurry to help some urine-soaked, comastone longhair get out.

I turned around and went to find another men's room. Never forgot that scene/

I also once worked with a woman who as a teen mistakenly went into a men's room at an SEC arena that at the time only had urinals. (She was attending a summer camp of some sort, so there weren't many guys in the building). Claims she had never seen a urinal before, and assumed you were supposed to climb onto it and pee down into it.

So that's what she did! She laughed harder than we did when telling that story.

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

me too. who doesn't?

4. boots

boots New Member

I remember taking one of my girls into the men's bathroom on the NJ turnpike. I covered her eyes to go in. As we were leaving, she saw the urnial and asked, "Daddy? Why are the sinks so low?"

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Wait ... where was the mother of your children during your adventures with the neighbor?

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The ice in the urinals is generally for bars without a convienent place for the bartenders to get rid of last night's shitty ice. Into the urinal it goes...

7. boots

boots New Member

My personal life about my kids, or ex, is my business. And by the way, my kids met my ex-neighbor who is doing quite well considering she lost her car in a recent flood.
    As for being on the NJ turnpike, I was picking my youngest up from a trip.
    I hope that answers any and all of your questions.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Atlanta Rhythm Section? I'm drawing a blank.

9. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I was at the wife's staff Christmas party a couple years ago. It was at a big hotel with lots of banquet halls so there were a lot of parties going on.

Anyway, I'm in the men's room and in stumbles this drunk man wearing slippers and with his pants undone. He tries to piss, but starts wobbling, teetering and finally starts to go down. He grabs onto the bowl of the urinal and hangs on for dear life, as if hanging from a ledge. His tie was in the bowl as he was trying to pull himself up when I left the room.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

In some ladies' rooms, you find this.

[​IMG]

(Toronto, July 2006.)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. boots

boots New Member

I know guys WILL NOT ADMIT to this openly, but have you ever gone to the bathroom and missed and got some of that fine yellow stuff on your pants? And the worst part about it is that you couldn't stay in the bathroom and wait to have it dry?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

In the mid-70s at the national collegiate trapshooting championships (not an NCAA activity) at Lincoln, Neb., I went into the men's room and took a leak at this cirular urinal. It had a foot pedal all the way around it, and that is how you flushed it.

Turns out it was where you were supposed to wash your hands. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted